This was our first project for this prestigious School. Steeped in history nicknamed ‘The Cradle of the Navy’ it is a British co-educational independent day and boarding school with Naval traditions.
Established in 1712 by a Royal Charter the schools campus is of Queen Anne style and set in 200 acres of countryside overlooking the River Stour.
Our works comprised the internal upgrade of the existing sports hall including the erection of a new state of the art climbing wall, internal reconfiguration and refurbishment of changing room shower and WC facilities. The 700 m2 ceiling over the sports hall was redecorated using MEWP’s to access the working surface approximately 8m above floor level.
Bespoke joinery manufactured from European oak was used to replace existing doors, frames and skirting’s ensuring the finishes were sensitively restored to match existing.
Externally we undertook a complete overhaul of the existing fabric of the building which included roof repairs to the upper flat roofs; repairs to the Cooritalia Italian roof tiling; complete replacement of the roof coverings to the lower roofs, and new traditional leadwork to parapet capping’s and drainage outlets.
Joinery repairs included the overhaul of the existing double hung sash windows restoring them to their original condition.
Part of the works included the demolition of a recently added single storey infill exposing the original entrance to the swimming pool. Reinstatement of the entrance included the restoration of the limestone steps and making good of the Portland Stone plinths and cornices.
The Mechanical and Electrical elements were contractor design. The electrical element included upgrade to the existing power and lighting, access control, fire and security alarms. The mechanical element comprised heating ventilation hot and cold water and above ground drainage.